Old 24-01-2003, 10:03 AM
Victoria Clare

Default Ponds, Herons and Lil'uns

"Alison" o.uk wrote
in :

Subject: Ponds, Herons and Lil'uns
From: "Alison" o.uk
Newsgroups: uk.rec.gardening

Back to this pond thing again (have read previous posts but the heron
bit wasn't covered). Up until now the only 'worry' we've had with the
ponds is the heron thinking it's easy fishing :-( but that has been a
big worry! Now there are horrible unsightly beams straddled across
both ponds with black garden netting stapled on tight. That seems to
have fixed the problem but was a temporary measure until something
more attractive could be found.

We provided a selection of those rounded roof ridge tiles at the bottom of
the pond for the fish to hide in. We still got the odd heron visit, but
didn't lose any fish to it.

This was a small (but fairly deep) pond with only 3 fish, so it was easy to
tell!