Old 25-10-2005, 04:24 PM
jadel

Default Book contadicts internet culture of DEN's

wrote:
It was my first purchase. No, none of the pictures were like my Den
when it was in bloom. If it were of the DEN/Phal genus, why wouldn't it
say so on the tag? It just says Dendrobium hybrida. Its in a clear, 4"
inch pot, with a kitchen northeast exposure. I don't know what a
pseudobulb looks like, all it has is a cane..only one.. Like I said
the roots are at the top node of this 8" inch cane, with some leaves
protruding on the other side, possibley from those roots. They are
close together. I would gladly submit a image if one can tell me how
this forum would accept it? I read that they like cool atmosphere, so
that is my kitchen..other than when cooking.

In many dendrobiums "cane" and "pseudobulb" are synonymous.

J. Del Col