Old 25-10-2005, 03:49 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default Fungus

The message
from Janet Galpin contains these words:
The message
from (WaltA) contains these words:

On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 12:28:32 +0100, Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:

While it is a very good book, mushrooms are so variable in shape and
colour that you might pass a pic in the book without seeing the
similarity with the specimen you are trying to identify.

and so variable in location and growing conditions,
which is why we created the usenet newsgroup free.uk.nature.mushroom
so as not to get mingled with, and at xporpoises with, the n.american
crowd on the alt.* heirararchy

How do you subscribe to this group? I can only find alt.nature.mushrooms
which is presumably the one you say is dominated by US members/concerns.

I asked our Zetgod i.c. the server to carry it. (Oh, and it's 'mushrooms')

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/