Old 25-10-2005, 09:16 PM
default

Default My plants aren't doing so hot...

Jamie Drilling wrote:
Only the hygrophila is showing symptoms so far--new growth is brown.
They are in an aquarium without fish at the moment, two relatively
small plants (approx 8" tall). They are still in the rock-wool packing
but will be moved to a flourite & vermiculite substrate within the next
few days.

55 gallon tank
160 watts full spectrum light
temp 80 F
Whisper filter with carbon
Tetra Flora Pride fertilizer
pH is ~7.3 (our tap water starts at 8.8!)

Any ideas? (she asked hopefully)
Jamie

I can suggest two things:

One could be the carbon filter working against you and it it removing
some nutrients. I'm not familiar with your fert or how much you're
using so I'm only guessing.
Two could be not enough C02. With that much light, you'll surly
benefit from additional C02 eiter as a disolved gas or using Flourish
Excel.

hope this helps,
steve