Old 26-10-2005, 12:36 AM
Elaine T

Default My plants aren't doing so hot...

Jamie Drilling wrote:
No idea why but the pH drops by itself after about 48 hours - I don't
have to do a thing. I'm trying to put as few chemicals in the water
as I can.

Hmm...It's probably that your tapwater has almost no CO2 in it from the
tap and some dissolves in your tank. That's a good thing.

And I'm fairly sure these are hygrophila, because I had wanted to avoid
that plant after reading it's considered an invasive weed in most
areas--then saw some healthy, unlabeled plants at the local Petco so
bought them. Found out later by google image search exactly what they
were. They seem to make a good canary, though.

The leaves are slightly different on one but the second is definitely
hygrophila polysperma. I strongly suspect the first is hygrophila, but
I don't know exactly which type.

I'll try to find Plantabs, thank you!
Jamie

Waitasec...what do you mean by brown? Do you meay brown, limp, and
unhealthy looking or reddish, bronzey brown on healthy foliage? Healthy
hygrophila turns reddish-brow in in bright light and low nitrogen.
People TRY to get that sort of color.

--
Elaine T __
http://eethomp.com/fish.html '__