Old 26-10-2005, 10:02 AM
OmManiPadmeOmelet

Default Catnip & Cats!

In article ,
Mozie wrote:

Hi All

I have a kitten who absolutely loves catnip so I was thinking of
growing it in my garden. What I need to know is, will it attract all
the cats in our area?

My catnip patch does not, but I have a fenced yard. Some kitties come
into the yard anyway but they've never bothered the catnip patch.

Also, I buy the dried out catnip from the vet, but do cats like it
fresh out of the garden?

Mine sure do! :-)
They will eat a fresh, bruised leaf right out of my hand!

And this way I know for sure it's organic......

Thanks
Moziee

Welcome!
Catnip is also known as "cat mint" and is in the mint family. It's VERY
easy to grow and spreads nicely. I grow it with my asparagus every year.
It is also good to brew as a cough medication but be careful. Brew it
too strong and you will get buzzed. Catnip can make humans "high" too!
lol

Cheers!
--
Om.