Old 26-10-2005, 06:03 PM
Chris Hogg

Default Kniphofias / Red Hot Pokers

In the early spring this year I tidied up my RHP's and stripped off
all the dead and half-dead foliage from around the outsides of the
clumps, leaving a sheaf of new young growth in the centre. They're
mostly species types, planted last year so not yet too large. But I
was disappointed with their subsequent performance it terms of size
and number of flowers, especially those flowering in late summer. The
autumn flowering types were better. Whether this was due to my tidying
or to the weather, I don't know, but what do other urglers do with
their RHP's and when?

--
Chris