Old 24-01-2003, 09:09 PM
JennyC

Default Balls of whitewash

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from Serendipity contains these words:

When I was a nipper I remember my Grandfather - who was a
farmer in a small way in Gloucester - using balls of whitewash
(limewash?) on the walls of the cowshed, and a walled garden.
It was extremely effective. I've recently acquired a long old

brick
wall and would like to use Grandad's method to make it presentable
but when I ask around all I get is blank looks.

Anyone any ideas please?

Limewash is still used on historic buildings; try a DIY or

building ng.
Janet.

Wonderful visions of low roofed cottage with roses around the door
:~))

Here's a couple of sites with more info:
http://www.northcoast.com/~tms/wash.html

http://fortress.uccb.ns.ca/search/Domestic6.htm

HTH Jenny