Old 25-10-2005, 06:20 AM
Harry Haller

Default Germinating Sassafras seeds - failure - what is wrong?

On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 16:00:43 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

How about putting some of them in the freezer and seeing if they do better
than the ones in the refrigerator? Sassafras grows where I live, and winters
get down to nearly zero F.

I'll get a thermometer to check my freezer temperature but it seems a
little too cold in there. I wouldn't want to go below -5 for too long.
It may get very cold where you live but I doubt it stays that cold for
120 days! Nevertheless I'll consider that for a percentage of the
seeds for, maybe, a month.