Old 27-10-2005, 02:08 PM
Mike

Default Selection of fruit tree

Thanks Rusty.
apples- would be eating apples,somebody mentioned braeburn apples
Victoria plums. Have no idea on the cherry, but would prefer a sweet variety
for eating purposes.

The main point would be
Which type of plant to buy... I mean rootstock...
Also where would be a good place to buy from.
And is this the right time to buy...

Mike

"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote in message
k...
The message
from "Mike" contains these words:

Wonder if we can get some guidance ..
We live in the South east and have a south west facing garden size about
60x30ft.
We were looking at planting 3 nos fruit trees- apple,pear,plums/cherry.

Need on guidance when and where and what variety to buy and the best
place
you can suggest to buy from..

That's rather an open-ended question - eating apple? Cooking apple? One
that does both? Do you want it to keep?

Pears are a matter of preference - what sort of pear do you like?

You'll grow a variety of plums in the South East, likewise cherries.
Again, some sort of preference would be handy. Personally, if I had the
room and were planting them, I'd have a Victoria plum and a morello
cherry, but then I preserve them and steep the morello cherries in
rum...

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/