Old 27-10-2005, 04:55 PM
Gary Woods

Default Growing Asparagus from seeds

Mozie wrote:

Ok, so here's my plan. I don't have a lot of garden space so I'm
thinking of planting the asparagus seeds in pots approx 20" in diametre
by 30" deep. I'll use a light potting mix with about a 1/4
fertilizer/manure to start. Is 1 seed per pot ok?

I can tell you what I did. There is no warranty, express or implied:

Seeds in regular flats on a 1" grid. Grown for a couple/three months, then
transplanted to nursery bed 6" by 6". You can expect 1-year crowns to get
fist sized and be ready for transplanting to their permanent home the next
season. With good conditions, some will be big enough for a light cutting
the next season.