Old 27-10-2005, 04:22 PM

Default Scotts 4th Step

"This is my first time posting to this group. I live in Princeton area
NJ and was wonder if I've missed the boat for applying Scotts 4th Step.

I know it says Aug - Nov, but the temps are between 35 and 55 degrees
now. Will it be okay if I applied this weekend? "

Yes, it will be fine. The grass will still be growing into December in
your area. Just for the record, I'm not a big fan of the 4 step
concept. The second step applies herbicide to the entire lawn, the
third insecticide. If you take care of your lawn properly, you
shouldn't have a weed problem so extensive that it requires blasting
the whole lawn with chemicals. It's more effective, better for the
lawn and better for the environment to use a tank sprayer to spot treat
any weeds. For insect control, unless you know what insect you'reafter
and do it at the right time, it's likely you're just putting down more
chemicals that may not do any good.