Old 27-10-2005, 03:57 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default Selection of fruit tree

The message
from "Mike" contains these words:

Thanks Rusty.
apples- would be eating apples,somebody mentioned braeburn apples
Victoria plums. Have no idea on the cherry, but would prefer a sweet
variety
for eating purposes.

The main point would be
Which type of plant to buy... I mean rootstock...
Also where would be a good place to buy from.
And is this the right time to buy...

If you look in Google, there's recently been a thread on apples - I
could send you what hasn't autoexpired...

Victorias tend to crop well - sometimes heavily, but not every year.
Stella is a reliable 'white' cherry. (I like morellos as an eating
cherry too - but it's a trifle tart.)

Decide on what you want to do - variety; type; dwarf; tree, cordon, etc,
then try Ken Muir.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/