Old 27-10-2005, 07:49 PM
Sally Holmes

Default Tree recommendations please!

"DM" -anti spam wrote in message
We would like to plant a tree in the front garden of our three bed
semi.
We would be grateful for suggestions for trees that fulfill the
following criteria:

1. It must be a tree that will not grow very tall.

2. It must have a crown that is not too dense, thus blocking light.

3. It must have foliage that changes colour through the seasons.

Amelanchiers are lovely small trees: spring flowers, gorgeous autumn colour
and berries that birds like. I don't know why they're not more widely grown.

Make sure you buy one that's a tree not a bush.

--
Sally Holmes
Wakefield, West Yorkshire, England