Old 28-10-2005, 03:04 AM
Richard Holub

Default SKIPPY FILTER QUESTION

Hey,

Does anyone know if it is normar to find a skim layer of "black sludge" at
bottom of tank and directly on top of all filter media at end of season with
a Skippy Filter. I found approximately a 1/4 inch of sludge which did not
totaly "stink" but did have a slight hint of decomposition by anaerobic
bacteria. This was the first season I experimented with the Skippy Filter
on my "NEW" 700 gal. pond. Next year the pond will empty into a larger 4000
gal. pond with a vortex filter. The small pond will actually become a vegy
filter.