Old 28-10-2005, 07:50 AM
presley

Default Cypress trees are dying. Is it fungus or over-watering?

yes, bald cypress is decidious, but leyland cypress (unrelated conifer, is
not)
"zxcvbob" wrote in message
Earl@Greenwood wrote:
A lot of tree questions from readers this week...

QUESTION: "HELP! My three Leyland Cypress trees have several totally
brown branches, including the three-foot top of one of them. I believe
this is due to over-watering before I went on vacation. (I have taken
care of them in every other way for four years.) My question is: will
these brown branches and tops ever come back to green? If not, I want
to cut the branches out and by cutting the top on one of them I will be
"topping" it, unfortunately. Do you have any good news for me?" -
Christa Pratico

ANSWER: I'm not sure I have much "good" news. I believe the
best thing to do is to trim off the parts that are dead and re-shape.
As for the cause, it could be from over watering but also they could be
succumbing to a fungus that does affect these particular plants....

You do know that cypress is a *deciduous* conifer, don't you?

-Bob