Old 28-10-2005, 04:35 AM
Mel

Default New Allotment - Woodland

I've just taken possession of an allotment and if anyone is interested you
can see photos he
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/melanie...key/allotment/

It's a mess, as you can see, plus I have the challenge of there being a
damp, dark woodland ravine adjoining the plot.

I want the allotment to be pretty as well as productive, so I'm thinking
about growing a few appropriate plants in the woodland area. I'm thinking
English bluebells, foxgloves, cyclamen and ferns.

I've found a website that sells a woodland seeds mixture including ragged
robin, pignut, ramsons, foxgloves, primroses, bluebells, bellflower,
selfheal, meadowsweet and various wild grasses (I could post the URL but I
don't want to be accused of spamming!)

Would these seeds be okay, or are they "weeds" that don't belong anywhere
near a cultivated allotment?

Advice appreciated.
Thanks.