Old 28-10-2005, 07:13 PM
rmwatkin

Default Identify Fruit Tree Michigan

Hi All,

It sounds like an elderberry tree from what you say. Birds will eat them if
you leave them long enough, but from the descriptoin you have given I could
be wrong. hope this helps you.

Richard M. Watkin.

"dand" wrote in message
ups.com...
I live in Taylor, Michigan, which is near Detroit. At the rear of my
back yard, growing in the brush at its edge, is a beautiful tree, about
ten or twelve feet tall, that looks to me like a cherry tree, but it
doesn't have cherries on it. It has groups of small (about a quarter
inch diameter) smooth, round berries that are very dark -- almost black
in color. I squashed one between my fingers and got a rich purple juice
out of it that had no odor I could detect. No, I didn't taste it.
Here we are in late October, and there are all kinds of these berries
to be seen, and it seems nothing's interested in eating them. Could
somebody tell me what kind of tree I have?
Dan