Old 28-10-2005, 06:07 PM
Kitsune Miko

Default [IBC] airlayer question

I set up an airlayer on a himi shara/stewartia somewhat late in the season. I have checked it recently and there is only one root. The rest of the cut seems to want to heal over. It is all callused. Last time I had one like this, I trimmed the callused part off, but the plant did not agree with what I wanted it to do and kept trying to heal over.

Should I risk taking the airlayer off and hoping it will thrive in spring, leave it as is and start over in spring?

I live in zone nine. Leaves are turning ad drooping, but we will not have a hard frost until late January.

Kits

****
"Expectations are resentments under construction."

Anne Lamott

++++Sponsored, in part, by John Romano++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++