Old 28-10-2005, 04:41 PM
P van Rijckevorsel

Default Variety Cultivar or Form, how do I know ?

schreef
Hi. This is very helpful. I collect Aconitums and I find the
cultivar/form very confusing sometimes. You get many cultivars and
forms relating to the same plant eg. Aconitum "Stainless Steel", It is
also known as Aconitun Carmichaelii "Stainless Steel", Aconitum x
Cammarum "Stainless Steel" and Aconitum Cammarum "Stainless Steel". All
very confusing.

Steve Jessup

***
Well, it becomes less confusing if you have the typography right, i.e:
Aconitum 'Stainless Steel'
Aconitum carmichaelii 'Stainless Steel'
Aconitum x cammarum 'Stainless Steel'
Aconitum cammarum 'Stainless Steel'

Obviously Aconitum x cammarum and Aconitum cammarum are the same thing.
The epithet 'Stainless Steel' may be used only once in the genus Aconitum,
and according to the RHS plantfinder the accepted form is:
Aconitum 'Stainless Steel'
PvR