Old 28-10-2005, 11:50 PM
Tom Randy

Default Housplant/"Christmas Tree" (OT?)

On 2005-10-28 09:33:35 -0400, Suzie-Q said:

Wal-Mart (as well as other stores, I'm sure) is selling these little
live trees decorated for the holidays. They do so every year. I know
that they're not really any standard type of "Christmas tree." They
sort of look almost like some sort of fern -- a little. No leaves.
They look more like they have "needles." Right now they're anywhere
from one to three feet high. I doubt that they get much bigger.
I'm wondering if any of you knows what these little trees are and what
kind of care they need.(I remember I had one years ago and killed it.)
Sorry I can't be more specific with the description.
Thanks in advance.

Probably a Norfolk Island pine.

--
Chris: "Dad, what's a blowhole for?"
Peter: "I'll tell you what it's NOT for and then you'll know why I can