Old 28-10-2005, 11:47 PM
Hanne Bech-Jensen

Default What's Still Flowering?

"Mel" wrote in message

What a strange autumn! Unexpectedly flowering in my garden right now are
clematis Nelly Moser and Fireworks. I still have passiflora, bizzie
lizzie,
tender fuchsia, centaurea montana, cosmos, nicotiana, verbena, hydrangea,
pernettya and gladioli. My dahlias haven't stopped flowering since mid
July
(I'm bored with them now!). I can't believe that it's nearly Bonfire
Night!

I have most of what you have too. Some parts of the garden got done by a few
nights of light frost but others made it through.

But the weirdest flowering items here a My appletree, had an entire
clutster of flowers, and my winter jasmine, which has at least 50 flowers on
it... now that is way too early here!
Really strange year this one.

Take care,
Hanne in Denmark