Old 25-01-2003, 03:03 PM
miss calm

Default Full spectrum Light,Grow Light etc

"dave @ stejonda" wrote in message
In message , miss calm
writes

I sorta presumed he was growing weed as opposed to flowers :-)

In which case for increased resin, small leaves and smaller inter nodal
lengths the 'unbalanced' UV intensive light from 'normal' fluorescent
tubes might be beneficial? Well, that was the thinking when I was aware
of a loft-space farm in the flats at uni' - and the results certainly
seemed to bear the theory out. ;-) Also important seemed to be
minimising the distance of the tubes from the leaves (without
accidentally scorching) and a very impressive pulley system was
implemented to go along with timers on the lights and the irrigation
plumbing. [Sadly, word got out and van loads of blue people arrived one
night... ...and busted a guy for a few crumbs who was totally unaware of
the farm just one floor above his head!!!]

i think i just wrote too much!!!

--
dave @ stejonda

Or retitled: The plant that does not dare state it's name!

One good case for 400w Sylvania or Son-ti-Agro is that it is warm (not too
warm though to damage the plants) and gives a real feeling of sunshine to
the lil critters. It also helps to keep the growroom dry. Weed likes au
naturalle in my experience and is happier in John Innes No.1 as opposed to
hydroponics.....but that's probably a biased hippy greenie view! I gave up
growing so can speak.

John Le Carre on war with Iraq

http://commondreams.org/views03/0115-01.htm