Old 25-01-2003, 06:27 PM
seren

Default advice for novice gardener needed!!!

we have what is jokingly called a garden at the moment but looks more like a
mud pit. we have a very big dog and 4 kids and the result is where we had a
lush green lawn when we moved in we now have mud and more mud. i wondered if
i could skim off the top layer of goo and chuck a load of pea gravel down to
hide the worst for now (and stop it treading all through the house) but
would it not sink into the soil? i want to put some kind of paving down
eventually but it will have to be done a bit at a time as we don't have a
lot of spare time. the only kind of garden we've had in the past is the
concrete kind so i'm at a loss as to what to do with this mess. any good,
fast, cheap ideas???? HELP )