Old 25-01-2003, 07:19 PM
Beachcomber

Default advice for novice gardener needed!!!

Sounds like you need a membrane which will keep the weeds down and stop the
gravel disappearing into the mud. You can get them at garden centres or
places like B and Q

seren wrote:
: we have what is jokingly called a garden at the moment but looks more
: like a mud pit. we have a very big dog and 4 kids and the result is
: where we had a lush green lawn when we moved in we now have mud and
: more mud. i wondered if i could skim off the top layer of goo and
: chuck a load of pea gravel down to hide the worst for now (and stop
: it treading all through the house) but would it not sink into the
: soil? i want to put some kind of paving down eventually but it will
: have to be done a bit at a time as we don't have a lot of spare time.
: the only kind of garden we've had in the past is the concrete kind so
: i'm at a loss as to what to do with this mess. any good, fast, cheap
: ideas???? HELP )