Old 29-10-2005, 11:14 PM
OrchidKitty

Default Oncidium/Tulumnia Kitty Crocker 'Rose Giant'

Hum.... I have Ascofinetia 'Peaches' x Vanda Cristata in S/H culture as
well as Neofinetia falcata. I'm giving them the full-up S/H treatment.
Both plants are doing well, but after several years, neither have
bloomed for me.

A local expert has suggested that the Neofinetia was not getting
sufficient autumn cooling, but it did so this year, so we'll see. It's
a runty little plant but seems to be thriving in S/H.

It has been my experience that Vandas and Vanda crosses are just not
happy in my growing conditions, regardless of media, and I would have
given away the Ascofinetia/Vanda cross to a friend with a greenhouse
who certainly could have coaxed the little sucker to bloom, but I'm
determined to give it just one more year.

Say what you will, but growing orchids has taught me more about
patience, optimism, and resignation than any other life experience.