Old 29-10-2005, 09:52 PM
Nick Maclaren

Default Quick Growing Ivy

In article ,
Simon Adebisi wrote:

Self climber would be good but I could put up a trellis. Was wanting to have
a climber but no evergreen would be ok too. strong winds yes I live within
throwing distance of the river Tyne and my garden back onto it. No flower
bed at the mo but maybe later? Just moved into the house you see, all grass
at the mo.

Don't get put off ivy as something to make a green cover to a fence,
as it is a first-class plant for the job. Just be aware that it
tends to get out of control unless you hack it back. Ivies can take
cold, wet, wind, drought (or what passes for it in the UK) and are
resistant to most pests. Their main trouble is that they tend to
become pests if planted in the wrong place ....

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.