Old 25-01-2003, 07:54 PM
Nick Maclaren

Default Seed potato recommendations please!

In article ], Chris ] wrote:
There are so many seed potatoes?
Which should I go for?
I want earlies, to plat four every fortnight so as to get a succession.

Of the earlies I have grown, I favour Belle de Fontenay, but that is
because it is one of the best flavoured. It is also pretty reliable
in my experience.

I found Maris Bard reasonably well flavoured and a much heavier
cropper. It was no more trouble, and made a good boiling potato if
let mature.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren,
Email:
Tel.: +44 1223 334761 Fax: +44 1223 334679