Old 30-10-2005, 01:00 PM
Steve Calvin

Default edible grape leaves

Norm Leonard wrote:
hey all -

my girlfriend makes a Greek dish with grape leaves - it's absolutely
incredible. She and I would like to know what type of grape leaves are
used to produce the pickled grape leaves we buy at the grocery and
whether the grapes growing native in our area (northeastern Georgia) are
suitable for consumption. Also, if I find or grow edible grape leaves,
how do I prepare them?

thanks!

I just take them off of the vine. If they have a thick stem toward the
base I cut that out. Blanch them in salted water and immediately shock
them in ice water and you're good to go.

--
Steve

Never read the fine print. There ain't no way you're going to like it.