Old 30-10-2005, 09:02 AM
Phil

Default Planting Distance for a Tulip Tree

After writing a polite but firm letter to the council, they have agreed to
replace the Tulip tree with Prunus Umineko. They will move the Tulip tree to
a local park - much more sensible.

Phil

"Phil" wrote in message
Janet,

I'd present that info to some higher level of you insurance company,
and suggest in an encouraging manner that they may care to urgently
review their earlier mistake, before it costs them a lot of money.

If that hoodie vandal doesn't turn up, the last resort would be to
get your solicitor to write a letter to the council including distances,
tree facts, your concerns for future damage, and give them due
forewarning.

I am collecting the information that I need before I shall soon be writing
to my local council. Going to a solicitor is a last resort as I don't want
to spend money on fees.

I'll keep you posted and thanks for your information.

Phil