Old 30-10-2005, 11:42 AM
Mike

Default How many gardeners here have NO lawn?

"Kay" wrote in message
In article , Draven
writes
I'm thinking of taking up, what's rest of my lawn, and putting beautiful
plants in its place.

How many would agree or disagree to this proposal?

It's up to you, isn't it? Some people like immaculate pure grass lawns
and are willing to spend enough time to make them like that, some people
want grass for sitting on, playing football on or whatever. I hate
mowing, and find dense planting much easier and more fun to maintain.

We've removed all the grass from the front garden and replaced it by
plants and ponds, and are really pleased with the result - lower
maintenance and much more to look at. And the piece at the back is now
less than half the size it was. It's not a big garden, but you now have
to walk around it to see everything of interest rather than taking it
all in at a glance.
--

Our front garden is the same, easy to look at and easy to maintain, and I
think that the simplicity of the front garden, was what the visitors

:-))

Mike