Old 30-10-2005, 05:22 PM
Sacha

Default clematis texensis

On 30/10/05 14:38, in article ,
"Pam Moore" wrote:

I have a clematis texensis Duchess of Albany. It has done well some
years and some not so well. This year I have been watching its patch
for any signs of growth, but nothing appeared and I had given it up
as lost.
Today while cutting back an anemone japonica I have found 2 shoots of
it both about a foot long. I realise that not much more growth will
come this year, but can anyone suggest why this might have happened. I
gave all my clematis some rose fertiliser early in the year and
watered with soluble clematis feed during the summer, hopefully
feeding the spot where this one had been.
TIA

Could the shoots have been nibbled off by something earlier in the year?
Ray swears mice eat ours sometimes.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk