Old 26-01-2003, 01:22 AM
Emrys Davies

Default advice for novice gardener needed!!!

'seren',

You need to talk more about your problem before you waste money and
effort on gravel and probably finish up with a similar mess. You need
to treat the cause.

Why has your lawn got into a mud heap? Is poor drainage a factor? You
say that you had a lush green lawn when you moved in and now it has been
reduced to a mud heap or similar. What has gone on in the meantime? You
may have a burst pipe?

If you describe developments quite fully we will be able to advise you.
In the meantime I suggest that you put the lawn out of bounds until you
have come to terms with the problem.

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

"seren" wrote in message
we have what is jokingly called a garden at the moment but looks more

like a
mud pit. we have a very big dog and 4 kids and the result is where we

had a
lush green lawn when we moved in we now have mud and more mud. i

wondered if
i could skim off the top layer of goo and chuck a load of pea gravel

down to
hide the worst for now (and stop it treading all through the house)

but
would it not sink into the soil? i want to put some kind of paving

down
eventually but it will have to be done a bit at a time as we don't

have a
lot of spare time. the only kind of garden we've had in the past is

the
concrete kind so i'm at a loss as to what to do with this mess. any

good,
fast, cheap ideas???? HELP )