Old 31-10-2005, 12:47 AM
Starlord

Default Cana roots migrating?

I live in the High Mojave Desert and the dirt is a combo of sand and fine
clay and we get winds up to 75mph to even 100 mph gusts at times and I've
not had one canna get blown over and I plant from 1 inch to 2 inch deep in a
rasied bed. The roots go deep and hold it in and I've got about 100 canna
growing now.

Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Astronomy Net Online Gift Shop
http://www.cafepress.com/astronomy_net

"Vox Humana" wrote in message

"Starlord" wrote in message
. ..
Canna RHIZOMES only have to be planted a max of 3 inch deep,

That's true, but I find that if you plant them only three inches deep in
well amended soil they are likely to blow over in moderate wind. If you
plant them in heavier clay soil, they are less likely to fall over, but
they
are a bitch to lift.