Old 31-10-2005, 01:10 AM
Vox Humana

Default Cana roots migrating?

"Starlord" wrote in message
I live in the High Mojave Desert and the dirt is a combo of sand and fine
clay and we get winds up to 75mph to even 100 mph gusts at times and I've
not had one canna get blown over and I plant from 1 inch to 2 inch deep in

rasied bed. The roots go deep and hold it in and I've got about 100 canna
growing now.

I guess you are lucky. Even taking precautions, I have had a few fall over
this year. In the past I have had some major wind damage. This happens
primarily in bed that I have amended heavily with compost. Of course, the
ones that fall over are the tallest varieties that get over 6 feet tall with
large flowers, like Miss Oklahoma.