Old 30-10-2005, 08:41 PM
cineman

Default Scutch Grass

On Local news, (to me) last week there was an item about gardens suffering
from dead and dying areas, this was caused by a grub of sorts not, vine
weevil, but very similar.
Try watering an area before sunset and placing a black polythene bag over
the area and see what appears following morning.
It MAY be that aerating without top dressing may have opened up the soil to
some form of insect.
This could be totally the wrong answer but worth a try.

regards
Cineman

"Gringo" wrote in message

Last winter I had aeration done on my lawn which consisted of cores
being taken out of the lawn in large numbers, however during this
summer the mower has dragged up quite a lot what appears to be scutch
grass, I can only desribe this as areas which are brown and dead, the
rest of the lawn is green and would appear to be healthy.
My concern is that the aeration exercise may not have been the correct
remedy for this fault, can any member advise on the best way to deal
with this problem.
All help appreciated

--
Gringo