Old 30-10-2005, 10:51 PM
tenchman

Default Sprout grazers

Hi group,
How I love my home grown sprouts, yet every year I spend hours keeping the
caterpillars at bay, and come to this time of year when I start harvesting,
(just enough for a meal each time) I find that the best of the sprouts have
been grazed.

I assumed that is was being done by slugs, yet I never see them on the
plants, I've put down slug pellets and there is little sign of dead slugs,
and the grazing continues, just enough to make the sprouts un-appetising.
and I end up dumping more that I get.

Is this a common occurrence? do all sprout growers suffer? Has anyone a
cure?

My thanks to all those that take the time to reply.

David