Old 31-10-2005, 04:20 PM
Starlord

Default Cana roots migrating?

Good they you don't grow the Omega Canna, I dig up rhizomes that are from
18inch long to 2ft long and can grow stalks up to 18ft tall. I normaly sell
it on ebay in the spring.

Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Astronomy Net Online Gift Shop
http://www.cafepress.com/astronomy_net

"Vox Humana" wrote in message
.. .

"Starlord" wrote in message
I live in the High Mojave Desert and the dirt is a combo of sand and fine
clay and we get winds up to 75mph to even 100 mph gusts at times and I've
not had one canna get blown over and I plant from 1 inch to 2 inch deep
in

rasied bed. The roots go deep and hold it in and I've got about 100 canna
growing now.

I guess you are lucky. Even taking precautions, I have had a few fall
over
this year. In the past I have had some major wind damage. This happens
primarily in bed that I have amended heavily with compost. Of course, the
ones that fall over are the tallest varieties that get over 6 feet tall
with
large flowers, like Miss Oklahoma.