Old 01-11-2005, 06:13 AM
Sandye

Default Pruning Columnar roses (Lloyd Center)

Hi...can I do a light pruning on my columnar roses( Lloyd Center
Pink)..here in SW Washington? They are taller than the supporing 6 "
fence and wind is really gonna play havoc with them this winter...

Concern is if I do a light pruning now will they still try to grow
rather than go into normal dormant stage...

What is worst case scenario..will I end up with black dead ends that
will get pruned off come February...or am I risking killing them due to
frost on tender cut ends...

We haven't had a frost here yet and probably wont until middle to end
of November...

So do I try pruning now or wait until frost or wait until February?