Old 26-01-2003, 01:27 PM
Graham Wells

Default Seed potato recommendations please!

"Sue & Bob Hobden" wrote in message ...
"Chris" wrote in message
There are so many seed potatoes?
Which should I go for?
I want earlies, to plat four every fortnight so as to get a succession.
--

You don't mention your soil type, we garden on Thames clay/silt, very heavy,
in fact at the moment you could easily throw pots with it despite years of

FE.....Concorde; SE....Kestral (slug resistant which is the most important
criteria for me but it's also a good spud)

I would rate CONCORDE as the best potatoe that I have ever
grown.Though a first early it bulks up to produce great bakers,chips
or roasts.Nine tubers provided enough for two of us eating them three
to four times a week and we still have plenty left,but I did use a
different growing method to get this huge crop.Forgot to say that In
our opinion it is also the best flavoured one that we have ever
tried,and boy have we tried some.No blight or slug damage,but I put
that down to the different way of growing them.