Old 01-11-2005, 02:45 AM
Timcat

Default CF Spectrum Question

Being an idiot, I couldn't pass up a really good deal on an Oceanic 40 gal
stretch hex...without realizing the lighting difficulties. After a great
deal of research, I finally had to settle on a 130W Coralife CF fixture to
get anywhere near enough horsepower. My question is this: the fixture comes
with 1 65W 10,000K bulb, and 1 65W actinic blue, with 3 blue moonglow
LEDs...Is this spectrum way off, or should I toss these bulbs for a couple
of 6,700K bulbs? If need be, I can slap a 15W bulb in the ultra-pathetic 15W
fixture that came with the tank, if someone can recommend a good red
spectrum bulb.

Thanks,
Tim