Old 01-11-2005, 09:16 AM
Kase

Default Sprout grazers

"Phil L" wrote in message
o.uk...
In ,
Kase typed:
:: "tenchman" wrote in message
:: ...
Share and share alike!
Seriously, you can't stop slugs and snails from chewing the sprouts so

I've
found the best way is to leave them until they get a bit bigger (after a
frost), then pick them and remove a few outer leaves from each one, then
place in cold sal****er for an hour to get rid of any lurkers, rinse and
cook.

Well, I usually would wait for a frost to get the sweeter sprouts, but this
year it seems like Christmas will come first!! My outdoor toms (Gardeners
Delight) are still setting and ripening fruit quite happily up here in
Stockport, and the busy lizzies are 3 foot tall and thick with flowers!!
Don't want to see the sprouts blow and go to waste now do I ;-) It's a
shame as well because the frost would decrease the slug activity.

Cheers

Kase

--
Great ringtones, games and wallpapers for your mobile
http://www.funkibug.co.uk/

Remove YOURPANTS before replying