Old 01-11-2005, 06:46 PM
Mike Lyle

Default Pumpkin Seeds

Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:
The message
from "Mike Lyle" contains

these
words:

OT: I was driving, so didn't catch it all, but there was an
interesting prog on R4 yesterday about pumpkins (?The Food
Programme?) -- the seeds yield an interesting oil. Recipes etc

must
be on the web site.

Interesting?

I was negotiating what Oxford laughingly calls its "by-pass" at the
time; but I gathered that the oil, fresh from the mill, has a
delicious and complex nutty smell, and what sounded like a fetchingly
absurd colour which couldn't decide whether it was green or deep
purple. There was talk of omega six or something, too.

I noted also that the German farmers call the oil-press the
"oil-cow": nice expression. My German is less than weak, but they had
an interesting dialect, too.

--
Mike.