Old 01-11-2005, 08:18 PM
Doug Kanter

Default montaug daisy_ cannot find seeds for this?

"BetsyB" wrote in message

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
"BetsyB" wrote in message
Does anyone have a catalog carrying this particular daisy. I have
googled with zip results.

It's "montaug daisy", not "Montaug". Try the search again. I got over 900
results.

While we were on the Cape they advertised them with the spelling I used?
Ooops!
Thanks much.

Montaug is an old spelling, perhaps more accurate in terms of the way the
native Americans pronounced it. It's not in common use now. But, there are
people who like to correct the whole world. So, around here, everyone calls
the Finger Lakes "Seneca Lake", Canandaigua Lake", etc. But, a certain
snobby travel book calls them "Lake Seneca", etc. Silly.

Anyway, it's Montauk:
http://www.montaukchamber.com/

The plant you're looking for grows happily around the dunes of Montauk, so
they're popular in nurseries in the area.