Old 01-11-2005, 11:46 PM
Wylie Wilde

Default bicarb soda to reduce acid levels

Hello Prince,

yes I am using compost type worms (red wiggly things). I will be trying to
move the bin out of the hot sun- I need permission for that. Probably
won't get it

I will try adding some lime- but will mix it up with water first. I will
also throw in some bicarb soda to reduce the acidity in the bin.

Cheers,

"SyrianPrince" wrote in message
I assume we are talking about the compost type worms, pasture or earth
worms would not be so numerous and would have strategies for remaining
cool like going deeper into the soil. Maybe a little lime might correct
some acidity - don't put it on your boys - and keep it moist and not too
much of one thing or another.. mix it up a bit.