Old 02-11-2005, 11:25 AM
PatC

Default Tomatoes & caterpillars

I live in Sydney & always have a caterpillar problem eating the tomatoes,
they start off eating the leaves & I spend a lot of time checking under the
leaves & pick them off, but eventually if I turn my back for a day or so
those darned caterpillars are now chomping into the fruit.
I really don't like using chemical sprays as we get a lot of parents & young
birds eating all our bugs in the grass & vegies, they are quite cute &
amusing to watch...Mum leading the way & bubs following whilst checking
everything they think may be edible, including pecking at flowers falling in
the fish pond & generally looking stupid.
My garden is very small so don't want to use those big spray things that you
see on TV!
Any ideas folks?