Old 02-11-2005, 02:46 PM
charles VanDyke

Default Compact Fluorescent and LED grow lights

Does anyone have experience with growing orchids using the "new to me"
energy efficient compact full spectrum fluorescent grow bulbs and fixtures.
These are used in special fixtures similar to sodium and metal halide
fixtures and are not the regular fluorescent bulbs.

Also, I see energy efficient Ruby Pro-Grow LED grow lights from SolarOasis
advertized that apparently come in grow and bloom (withe enhanced red
light) versions. Anyone have any experience with these?

Thanks

Charles VanDyke