Old 02-11-2005, 06:35 PM
Ray

Default Compact Fluorescent and LED grow lights

Chuck,

I am using a 125W CFL in my basement over trays of seedlings - Dendrobium
kingianum, Aerides flabellata, Aerides crassifolia, Phragmipedium China
Dragon & Phrag. Sherman's March are all doing great at about 3 feet
distance.

The particular bulb and fixture were from Farmtek for under $100 delivered:
http://www.farmtek.com/webapp/wcs/st...roductId=65561

"charles VanDyke" wrote in message
Does anyone have experience with growing orchids using the "new to me"
energy efficient compact full spectrum fluorescent grow bulbs and
fixtures. These are used in special fixtures similar to sodium and metal
halide fixtures and are not the regular fluorescent bulbs.

Also, I see energy efficient Ruby Pro-Grow LED grow lights from SolarOasis
advertized that apparently come in grow and bloom (withe enhanced red
light) versions. Anyone have any experience with these?

Thanks

Charles VanDyke