Old 02-11-2005, 05:55 PM
Pam Moore

Default clematis texensis

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
.. .
I have a clematis texensis Duchess of Albany. It has done well some
years and some not so well. This year I have been watching its patch
for any signs of growth, but nothing appeared and I had given it up
as lost.
Today while cutting back an anemone japonica I have found 2 shoots of
it both about a foot long. I realise that not much more growth will
come this year, but can anyone suggest why this might have happened.

Sacha, Kay and Charlie
Thank you for your responses about my clematis. It does seem that
slugs are probably the culprit. They could well have nibbled the new
shoots earlier in the year and this is a last attempt at growth.
I shall be more vigilant next year and protect the spot with grit etc!

Pam in Bristol