Old 02-11-2005, 09:50 PM
Ray

Default Compact Fluorescent and LED grow lights

Coverage area is about 5 x 5, Rob.

I'd guess about $30 for the CFL. The fixture alone is $60, and the bulb +
fixture is $90. They also have it with a 200W CFL for $160.

"Rob" wrote in message
Ray wrote:
Chuck,

I am using a 125W CFL in my basement over trays of seedlings - Dendrobium
kingianum, Aerides flabellata, Aerides crassifolia, Phragmipedium China
Dragon & Phrag. Sherman's March are all doing great at about 3 feet
distance.

The particular bulb and fixture were from Farmtek for under $100
delivered:
http://www.farmtek.com/webapp/wcs/st...roductId=65561

Hey Ray... What area are you covering with the CFL (approximately)? And
do you have an idea about the bulb life and replacement costs?

Thanks,

Rob

--
Rob's Rules: http://littlefrogfarm.com